Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] new package: freeimage

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [patch] new package: freeimage
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:48:55 +0100

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
> [freeimage]

Thanks for the contribution. However, there were some issues:

1)  The build failed immediately, because the patch didn't work.
    The patch is for Makefile.gnu which is a DOS text file, and
    somehow the patch didn't contain any CRs, so it didn't match
    any line. Maybe the CRs were stripped the the email client
    or server? Anyway, I fixed it by manually adding CRs:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/294f295e9a2c

2)  The download URL was not the "real" one, but redirected by
    SourceForge. During redirection, SourceForge changes the
    mirror randomly, usually resulting in an unappropriate (i.e.
    slow) one. In order to retain control about which mirror is
    used, we always need the "real" download URL:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/685b6d7808eb

3)  The FreeImage package contains the sources of many image libraries
    which are already part of mingw-cross-env. Is it possible to make
    FreeImage use those instead of baking its own ones?

Finally, I added the version recognition.
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/8d8d919a2167

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator