Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Proposal for new guidelines

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Proposal for new guidelines
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:46:56 +1100

On 9 February 2010 01:06, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> Automake (and autoconf) are versioned packages on FreeBSD (with their
>> own wrapper scipts to create unversioned links). The new required
>> package names are:
>>
>> pkg_add -r automake110 bash bison cmake gmake gsed \
>>            libtool openssl pkg-config scons unzip wget
>>
>> automake depends on both perl and autoconf, and flex is in the base
>> system, so we can leave them out.
>
> Okay, I changed the docs accordingly.
>
> However, are you sure it is a good idea to provide a minimal
> set of packages, rather than an explicit list that can be
> mechanically checked against the list (table) of requirements?

You're right, it's clearer to list the packages that are directly
required. Perl can go back in, since it is called directly, but python
isn't, so we leave it out.

pkg_add -r automake110 autoconf262 bash bison cmake gmake gsed \
           libtool openssl perl pkg-config scons unzip wget

> Also, will the dependencies always stay the same? Will flex
> always be considered as "base" package by FreeBSD?

I think so, for a while at least. The base system has to be able to
bootstrap itself, so if something is there, it's required by other
core components.

Regards,