Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Cross compiling to MacOS X (was: Mingw-w64 th

From: Ben Lau
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Cross compiling to MacOS X (was: Mingw-w64 thoughts)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:16:03 -0800

I've been using IMCROSS... that's how I ran across mingw-cross-env actually.

The major problem with it is getting all of the Apple proprietary
libraries to link sanely.  The way they manage their headers is very
different from Linux and I find it a pain to deal with.

My primary desktop at my job is a Mac so I use that to compile... and
Apple, in their infinite wisdom, have decided that you're only allowed
to run OS X VMs legally on Apple hardware... and then only OS X
server... I don't understand why they want to make developers lives
difficult.  So for now I compile on that...

My company is currently in the process of transitioning build queues
from CruiseControl to Hudson... so I'll probably investigate setting
up my desktop machine as a Hudson slave[1] and using that to run the
builds... but I'd prefer to have all of our "building" done on a
single machine.

I believe this is what the IMCROSS work was based on... it's also interesting:

http://devs.openttd.org/~truebrain/compile-farm/apple-darwin9.txt

Ben

[1] http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Distributed+builds