Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] GCC 4.4.1 (was OSX 10.6 workarounds)

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] GCC 4.4.1 (was OSX 10.6 workarounds)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:18:04 +0100

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:

> >    configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
>
> After much investigation, that error seems to be caused by a failure
> to detect cross-compilation of libstdc++v3. I haven't been able to set
> the cross-compile explicitly, and after a process of elimination, it's
> the ehstatic.patch that is causing this, but I can't see where. There
> are other errors (with pthreads) if this patch is simply excluded.

Thanks for your investigation! Maybe this is yet another reason to
either switch back to MinGW-GCC or to go the MinGW-w64 route.

> Oddly, not applying any of the patches allows the entire environment
> to build successfully with much the same results across platforms as
> the latest dev version. I'm not sure if the resulting
> libraries/binaries will function correctly without the patches, but a
> simple sqlite.exe works.

It would of course be great if a recent GCC would work without any
extra patches. Maybe it's a good idea to contact the TDM-GCC or the
MinGW people about that issue, if you find some time for it.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR