[Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Mingw-cross-env-list Digest, Vol 2, Issue 25

From: Sorin S
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Mingw-cross-env-list Digest, Vol 2, Issue 25
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 01:24:34 +0000

Hi,
Now boost builds ok on Ubuntu 9.04 (kernel 2.6.28-16-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP  x86_64 GNU/Linux).
Whohooo!!!
Thanks Bart and Volker for fixing this.
Sorin

Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:20:21 +0100
From: Volker Grabsch <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: issue building boost on 2.8
To: address@hidden

Gregory Smith <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Volker Grabsch wrote:
>
> >However, I still don't have any idea how to solve that issue.
> >It could be a combination of a bug in the native GCC which
> >causes a bug in the compiled Mingw-cross-GCC.
>
> This is the most likely answer. I installed Ubuntu's gcc-4.2 (the default
> for 9.04 is 4.3) and built mingw-cross-env with that, and then boost built
> successfully. 9.10 will use gcc 4.4-- I will give that a try after it
> comes out.

In a private email, Bart van Andel pointed out that this is more
a problem with Binutils rather than GCC.

So I updated Binutils:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/e6d5fc6e0290

It would be great if you (Sorin, Gregory and Bart) could get the
current development version of mingw-cross-env and try to build
it again.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
---<<(())>>---
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR

------------------------------

Message: 2
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Volker Grabsch wrote:

> In a private email, Bart van Andel pointed out that this is more
> a problem with Binutils rather than GCC.
>
> So I updated Binutils:
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/e6d5fc6e0290
>
> It would be great if you (Sorin, Gregory and Bart) could get the
> current development version of mingw-cross-env and try to build
> it again.

Boost built successfully in 32-bit Ubuntu 9.04 with the new binutils.

Gregory

Message: 3