mediagoblin-userops

[Userops] Easy self-hosted git repos, w/ gogs on Sandstorm

From: Asheesh Laroia
Subject: [Userops] Easy self-hosted git repos, w/ gogs on Sandstorm
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 18:20:10 -0700

Hey all,

I know self-hosted git is a topic dear to many of us, so I wanted to remark on a new app that you can run if you run Sandstorm:

Gogs, a speedy git hosting option, packaged by Cem Kocagil

The Sandstorm package info can be found here: https://apps.sandstorm.io/app/d9ygf47xrtnw12j92cyt6cu8ut75esx01u4q3kcrn8415w9qzzgh

And you can install Sandstorm via https://sandstorm.io/install/.

Some commentary: The Sandstorm package for Gogs has no built-in facility for making a completely-public repo with a super convenient public URL. It's not a "hosting service you can run yourself," but rather "a way to create personal git repositories that you can share with others". So if you are paying GitHub for private personal/group git repositories and wish you were using FLOSS or self-hosting, using Gogs on Sandstorm is a great alternative.

If anyone here has thoughts/feedback, that'd be glorious.

-- Asheesh.

P.S. Whoa, it has one review! Neat! I didn't expect that.