mediagoblin-userops

[Userops] Userops Acid Test v0.1

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [Userops] Userops Acid Test v0.1
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 11:20:30 -0500

Hello all,

I thought it would be useful for me to write up, in an
implementation-agnostic form, a clear example of what I think
(personally) are a set of useful requirements for a Userops type system.
So here's a braindump of what I see are essential properties of such a
system...

  http://dustycloud.org/blog/userops-acid-test/

I wrote this up independently, and I'm sure I'm missing some things.
Consider this Userops Acid Test v0.1?

Here's the bulleted list version, minus the descriptions, if anyone so
cares:

 - Free as in Freedom
 - Reproducible
   + Reproducible packages
   + Reproducible systems
 - Recoverable
   + Recoverable data
   + Recoverable system
 - Friendly GUI
 - Scriptable
 - Collaboration friendly
 - Fleet manageable
 - Secure

Yeah I know it's not really a clear pass/fail type test!  But I think
it may be useful as a set of properties to measure a system against.
Some of these are vague and can be interpreted in many
ways... especially that last one! :)

What do people think?  Is this useful?
 - Chris