mediagoblin-userops

[Userops] Sandcats.io: free dynamic DNS for Sandstorm users

From: Asheesh Laroia
Subject: [Userops] Sandcats.io: free dynamic DNS for Sandstorm users
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 15:25:41 -0700

Hi nice userops people,

One thing I've been working on over the past few months is a free dynamic DNS service for people who run a server using Sandstorm, which is an open source project that makes it is easy to run a variety of web apps.

You can read more about it here <https://blog.sandstorm.io/news/2015-05-18-sandcats.html> or read the source + tech docs here <https://github.com/sandstorm-io/sandstorm/wiki/Sandcats-dynamic-DNS>.

Perhaps the most fun thing to do is watch this 30 second install script screencast: https://asciinema.org/a/bw9mgfk8m55rfa3ntrfvhvjat?autoplay=1

If #userops people are interested in trying it out, or have feedback, I'd love to hear it. If there's a way this can help you, if you're interested in running web apps like Etherpad or IPython Notebook, I'd be honored to help make that happen.

-- Asheesh.

P.S. I might be slightly higher latency than usual on email due to going on a vacation for 10 days or so, http://www.asheesh.org/note/sysop/outage-over.html , but I definitely will try to read all replies here & reply if people have questions!