mediagoblin-userops

[Userops] Why is it hard to package libre web applications for distros?

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [Userops] Why is it hard to package libre web applications for distros?
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 22:13:25 -0500

Why indeed?  Discuss!

I have my own comments to weigh in here, but admittedly I'm new to the
distro-packaging side, and I'd like to hear others weigh in, especially
those who have or have attempted packaging libre web applications for
distros.  How can we make things better?  How can we make things easier?
Why is it so hard anyway?

I'll weigh in with a particular direction I think is challenging as a
follow-up to this thread tomorrow morning, but I'm looking forward to
hearing what others have to say!

 - Chris