mediagoblin-userops

Re: [Userops] How Sandstorm enables userops (rather than "dev"eleoper op

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [Userops] How Sandstorm enables userops (rather than "dev"eleoper ops) (part 1)
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 14:42:48 -0500

Asheesh Laroia writes:

> Sandstorm's goal is to make things easy and also make it safe. The last
> thing I want is to enable people to mass-install web apps with poor
> security so we "help people self-host" but that actually causes massive
> data breaches among the people I'm trying to help. In that sense, I was
> impressed by Chris Webber's "user ops" terminology.

Just as a brief comment: paying attention to capability security is
great, but probably the most promising metric for *me* that Sandstorm
may succeed is that they hired Asheesh Laroia. ;)

You already know the list of challenging issues I think Sandstorm has to
overcome (especially in backporting a capability model system on top of
a very not-that environment), but I am sincerely hoping Sandstorm
figures that stuff out!  And I'm glad you're hanging out on the userops
list.

 - Chris