mediagoblin-userops

Re: [Userops] How Sandstorm enables userops (rather than "dev"eleoper op

From: Christophe Siraut
Subject: Re: [Userops] How Sandstorm enables userops (rather than "dev"eleoper ops) (part 1)
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 17:33:12 +0200

Hi Asheesh,

Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> Please reply saying what you think!

The speed applications get deployed in Sandstorm is amazing. I am a
little suspicious about the amount of resources needed for isolating
every application instance processes, but I understand it's a good way
to go for preserving security while allowing to run about anything.

I installed the service in a VM but I do not own accounts at the
required companies for authentication. Could Sandstorm talk to my users
database or let me add shared keys? Found ticket #220;)

Would Sandstorm fit in a shared server environment[1]? How could
Sandstorm applications be reached using users' domain names? (using
reverse proxy?) I see Sandstorm create isolated Etherpad documents and
Gitlab repositories, can we enable pads creation for unauthenticated
users? and Gitlab cross-projects features? I suppose the answer is
positive but needs development efforts in abstracting user management
everywhere. One more before I go: what about applications updates, how
do they get applied? and content migrated?

Cheers,
Christophe

  1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_web_hosting_service