mediagoblin-devel

Re: Failed install - jinja2 dep

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: Re: Failed install - jinja2 dep
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 11:45:07 +1100

Hi Alex,

Alex King via <mediagoblin-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> I see in the list archives that a dep issue regarding Jinja2 is a known
> problem.  I ran into this, see below for details.

Good timing! The 0.12.1r1 version published yesterday should hopefully
fix these issues and Debian 11 is a fairly well-tested path.

https://git.sr.ht/~mediagoblin/mediagoblin/refs/v0.12.1rc1

Do a `make distclean`, followed by `git checkout -q v0.12.1rc1` and you
should be good to proceed following the deployment guide.

You can also refer to our Debian 11 CI recipe that shows a successful
installation on Debian 11 and a full test suite run. See
.builds/debian-11-sqlite.yml and its successful output
https://builds.sr.ht/~mediagoblin/job/962255.

> I'm also interested in Sandstorm, and there is a little activity in the
> Sandstorm community lately, and I'd like to see a more recent version of GMG
> packaged for Sandstorm. (As I have a sandstorm instance and that would be a
> good
> way for me to get GMG installed, as well as an easy way for others to
> install.)

I'm also a big Sandstorm fan. We'd also love to see the Sandstorm
package updated, so if you happened to have any time, that would be a
*very* valuable way to contribute. If you were able to lead that charge,
I'd be happy to collaborate to fix an issues on the MediaGoblin side.

Regards,
Ben