mediagoblin-devel

Using MediaGoblin to Create a Private Server for Home Videos

From: Michael Lynch
Subject: Using MediaGoblin to Create a Private Server for Home Videos
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 16:48:48 -0400

Hi All,

For the past few years, I've been working on a long project to digitize my family's home videos and share the individual videos using MediaGoblin. I use Google Cloud Storage to store the media files and host MediaGoblin in a free on-demand Heroku dyno, so my only cost is storage and bandwidth, which is less than $1/month.

I published a blog post today about my entire process of capturing these videos and getting the MediaGoblin solution to work:

https://mtlynch.io/digitizing-1/

I also published a tutorial that shows the commands and source code I use to get the MediaGoblin portion of the solution working:

https://mtlynch.io/digitizing-home-videos-walkthrough/

Thanks to the MediaGoblin developers for making this possible! Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Michael Lynch

--
https://mtlynch.io