Re: make 3.81 and MS-DOS paths (e.g. C: or drive letter paths)

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: make 3.81 and MS-DOS paths (e.g. C: or drive letter paths)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:11:51 -0400

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 18:08 -0700, Kelly O'Hair wrote:
> I assume cygwin will not be fixing this, in 3.82 or ever, is that
> the conclusion I am seeing?

No; I'm pretty sure it's already been fixed in CVS actually.

I just think that, in general, it's not guaranteed by make (or any other
cygwin tool) that you'll be able to use full DOS-style pathnames.
However, at least for make, unless there's some serious incompatibility
that makes it very difficult (or unless whomever maintains the Cygwin
port declines to make the change, which is not the case here) we'll make
an effort to be compatible.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us