Re: Problems with echo. (echo period)

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: Problems with echo. (echo period)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:38:10 +0000

On 2007-04-19 14:26Z, Aaron Shatters wrote:

> There is no reason why this should not work, which is why I'm requesting the
> gnu make change.

Here's an idea that might do what you want without changing 'make':
write your own 'echo..exe' that does whatever you like. My compiler's
on vacation today, so I just recycled an old binary in the following
session that starts in a *nixy shell:

C:/tmp[0]$cp hello_world.exe echo..exe
C:/tmp[0]$./echo.
Hello, world!