Re: CYGWIN make 3.81 and the C:/ paths

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CYGWIN make 3.81 and the C:/ paths
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 06:27:23 +0200

> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:26:47 -0800
> From: "Kelly O'Hair" <address@hidden>
>
> I realize the tricky issues with the ':' characters on Windows in Makefiles,
> but this make version 3.81 in CYGWIN is driving us nuts.
>
> Can anyone tell me if there is any chance that 3.82 might reverse this
> change that prevents the use of C:/ style paths?

The official sources of GNU Make now include changes that add support
for drive letters in the Cygwin build of Make.  The next version of
Cygwin Make will thus support drive letters.  (This is not a revert of
the previous drive-letter code in Cygwin Make, but rather use of
existing Make facilities for Windows file names in the Cygwin build.)

You can find a patched binary of the Cygwin Make with this support
here:

   http://www.cmake.org/files/cygwin/make.exe

If you prefer to build your own binaries, look in the archive of this
mailing list for the patch I posted several months ago.