CYGWIN make 3.81 and the C:/ paths

From: Kelly O'Hair
Subject: CYGWIN make 3.81 and the C:/ paths
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:26:47 -0800

I realize the tricky issues with the ':' characters on Windows in Makefiles,
but this make version 3.81 in CYGWIN is driving us nuts.

Can anyone tell me if there is any chance that 3.82 might reverse this
change that prevents the use of C:/ style paths?
I need a realistic long-term solution to this problem without re-writing
makefiles, I've got hundreds of developers that will be running into
this problem soon and I need to figure out what the best answer is.

-kto