Re: Clock skew detected warning

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: Clock skew detected warning
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:30:19 +0000

On 2006-4-3 17:39 UTC, Paul D. Smith wrote:
> %% Greg Chicares <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   gc> I have also, in the past, found one-hour differences when I
>   gc> extracted some archived files during summer time, then again
>   gc> extracted them during non-summer time.
>
> That just means you're using a stupid archiving program.

I believe it's
  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/utilities/tar.exe
[downloaded when that file existed] as (still) mentioned in
  http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/README
though maybe it relies on msw to manage the TZ variable, or
maybe the msw filesystem translates the times.

But, sure, I agree, the resulting behavior is borken.