Re: make 3.81rc1 / MSYS

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make 3.81rc1 / MSYS
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:22:22 -0500

%% Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

  ez> Paul, this is still not fixed.  How about adding the above test to
  ez> configure?

  >> Can't do it: this will cause cross-compilation to break.

  ez> Then perhaps the test that fails if realpath doesn't convert ///
  ez> to / should be rewritten or not run under MSYS.

Perhaps.  The other thing is, if we leave it as-is then this make
function behaves differently on Windows and UNIX, which doesn't seem
like a good thing to me.

Maybe instead, we should change the platforms where the native
realpath() doesn't behave properly to use the one built into make
instead.  Of course the problem with this is that the built in
realpath() we have today probably doesn't work properly on Windows
either since it's not DOS-path knowledgeable.