Re: make 3.81rc1 / MSYS

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make 3.81rc1 / MSYS
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:28:24 -0500

%% Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

  >> Hi guys; can we get this worked out ASAP?

  ez> Let's see if my today's try closes the issue.

  ez> Or, if you prefer, you could simply remove all my attempts to fix this
  ez> and leave the MSYS build unsupported.  Earnie says that's the RT to do
  ez> anyway.  It's your call.

OK, I'll make a decision on this in the next few days.  Maybe it will be
fixed by then.  If not I'll back it out.

  >> I really don't want to ship another version that is DOA on
  >> Windows...

  ez> It isn't DOA, at least not in native Windows builds.  Only the MSYS
  ez> (and possibly Cygwin) builds will suffer if they try to build with
  ez> HAVE_DOS_PATHS defined.

Good to know.  Thanks.