Re: make3.81-beta4 mingw not failing on error?

From: J. Grant
Subject: Re: make3.81-beta4 mingw not failing on error?
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:08:08 +0000

Hi!

[...]
I *want* the build to choke on the 'g++ -M' line, and yes, I know the headers aren't there.

The point is that the build currently does **not stop** when it __should stop__ because the headers are not there (and which means I have something wrong with the build).

At first look it is most likely a problem in your environment, please answer these questions so we can pinpoint the problem:

* do you have any sh.exe in your MS-Windows PATH ? (run "sh --version" from cmd.exe)

 * what does make --version display? in cmd.exe and also in MSYS

 * Does your Makefile use any non MSYS shell commands?

 * Can you try using a native win32 sh.exe?

Please tell me the version of MSYS you are using and the "sh --version" within MSYS terminal.

I dropped address@hidden because I don't think we need to shadow both lists with a win32 environment discussion.

I'll try to help you get to the bottom the problem.

Kind regards
JG