Re: Make CVS (Win32) improperly leaves batch files with -n

From: J. David Bryan
Subject: Re: Make CVS (Win32) improperly leaves batch files with -n
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:59:33 -0500

On 17 Feb 2006 at 21:50, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> ...doing this without batch files brings additional complications in
> the code that generates the command line to be passed to the programs
> invoked by Make.

Ah...I understand now.  I thought you were referring to the command line
that is written to the batch file.  I now realize that you're referring to
the command line that is passed to CreateProcess.  "make_command_line" in
sub_proc.c does indeed escape embedded quotes, which will goof up the
argument string if passed directly to cmd.

I'll think about this some more.

                                      -- Dave