Re: Makefile Generator

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Makefile Generator
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:18:58 -0400

%% "  kris" <address@hidden> writes:

  k> The tool what i have in my mind is which functions opposite the way
  k> how microsoft SFU (services for unix) works. Means, is there any
  k> tool which allows to compile & build windows applications in Linux
  k> environment or any tool which allows to convert windows
  k> applications to linux buildable applications (using GNU toolchain).

That's a big question.  You'll have to ask other lists about ways to
compile Microsoft-specific code on Linux; what issues you might run into
with different compilers, libraries, etc.

>From a make perspective I'm not aware of any UNIX-based version of make
that will read native Microsoft build files generated by their various
development tools.

That's about all I can say, since I don't have or use any Windows
boxes.