Re: Spaces in file names!!

From: Mark Grosen
Subject: Re: Spaces in file names!!
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:51:46 -0800 (PST)

Yes, this can be a problem. Two approaches I have used to solve it:

* Include a file that defines all the locations of your tools as make
variables. This can be done by machine name or some other criteria
that "knows" actual locations of the tools.
* Define the variables using an external utility that maps LFN to SFN
     MSVC = $(shell long2short "c:/program files/visual studio")

     CC = $(MSVC)/bin/cl.exe

Mark