Re: Spaces in file names!!

From: Rob Tulloh
Subject: Re: Spaces in file names!!
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:07:08 -0800 (PST)

Well, there is no panacea with 8.3 names. The other solutions are to avoid using them all together or to try and quote them. I usually opt to avoid them.

Rob

 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

Mark Grosen wrote:

[Zhang Zhenhua wrote about a problem using a path
with embedded spaces, and I suggested quoting it]

> You can also use the Short Filename (SFN) format of the path. Use dir
> /x in a command (cmd) window to see the SFN. For example, your
> example would probably be something like:
>
> SDCC = c:\mywork~1\compiler\bin\sdcc.exe

I've tried that approach too. Here's a problem
with it. Create directories like
My Work
My Work 20021106
My Work test version
and record the 'short' paths, like mywork~[1-3] .
Then create them on a different machine in a
different order, or erase and recreate them
on the same machine in a different order. They
now map to different 'short' paths.