Re: Finding a shell in the path

From: Rob Tulloh
Subject: Re: Finding a shell in the path
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:15:53 -0500

How did you configure make when you built it? Are you trying to use the
Bourne shell
support or not? Have a look at the README.W32 file first. If you are
still stuck, try using
make -p to print out the values of PATH, Path, and SHELL with a simple
makefile
and see if you can diagnose your problems that way. If you are trying to
use sh.exe,
make will try to determine the path to sh.exe as it parses the initial
environment and
the makefiles. If you are not using sh.exe support, make will simply
invoke the command
processor using batch files to execute makefile command blocks.

Rob