Re: Redirecting output of Make in cmd console of Win2k

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Redirecting output of Make in cmd console of Win2k
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:13:11 +0300

> From: "Chris Marshall" <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:16:31 -0400
>
> I've tried to use the basic piping and redirection methods in cmd.exe to
> redirect the output of make to a file, and it does not seem to work. I am
> using the make in the MinGW distribution. Does make write it's output to
> STDOUT?

Make writes its normal output to stdout, and its error messages to
stderr.  There are also messages from the programs invoked by Make,
but Make doesn't change that in any way: it's entirely up to those
programs where they write their output.

If your shell is cmd.exe, you should be able to redirect stderr with
the 2> operator.