Redirecting output of Make in cmd console of Win2k

From: Chris Marshall
Subject: Redirecting output of Make in cmd console of Win2k
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:16:31 -0400

make-w32:

I've tried to use the basic piping and redirection methods in cmd.exe to redirect the output of make to a file, and it does not seem to work. I am using the make in the MinGW distribution. Does make write it's output to STDOUT? How does one capture the output of make? I have several pages of parse errors. I've checked the GNU manual, and I don't see any mention in there about redirection.

Thanks to all!

Chris