mailman

Replying to a Thread

From: Greg Smith
Subject: Replying to a Thread
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 14:21:35 +0000

Hello.

I'm fairly new to these mailing lists.  I've submitted a thread via E-mailing directly to the list.  There have been replies to the thread and I would like to reply myself, but I do not know how.  When I click the 'reply' button on the webpage for a thread, it opens my mail application with a blank E-mail sent directly to the person who wrote the reply I'm looking at.

Instead, I'd like to reply back to the thread with history so that I can reply to specific parts.  How do I do that?

In my main mail client, I only see daily digests; I don't get individual messages.  If that matters:

1)      Do I need to change my options to get individual messages instead of digests?

2)      How can I reply to threads for which I did not get individual messages?  (From the web interface?  With a specially crafted E-mail?)

Thank you.

-- Greg