mailman

Re: Subscription problem (<snip>-users)

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 14:41:36 +0000

Hi,

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 00:38:41 +0000 Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden>
wrote:

> (I'm resending this message as requested by Chris, since the previous
> one was returned to me.  I apologize in advance for duplicates).
>
> We are facing a strange problem with the chicken-users mailing
> (https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/chicken-users).
>
> Chris Vine (in Cc) tried many times to subscribe to the chicken-users
> list, but never got the subscription confirmation message.  I've
> manually added him to the list of subscribers, and he received messages
> from the list for a while.  However, as he was subscribed by someone
> else via the admin interface, he's got no password to edit his
> preferences.  On the administration interface, I could not change his
> password.  So, he cannot subscribe, and if I subscribe him via the admin
> interface, he cannot log in to change his preferences.
>
> Chris is quite sure the mailman messages are not being blocked by
> anti-spam software.
>
> Do you know what the problem might be?  Can you check if messages to
> address@hidden have been returning or bouncing?  Is there
> any way I can subscribe him to the list and set a password for him (that
> would be a workaround)?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Chris found a possible cause of the problem:
http://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Other-EE-Services/Email-to-my-address-bouncing-if-subject-is-quot-chicken-pie-and/td-p/243530
(that's why I edited the message subject).

I don't know exactly what to do, since the problem is not under our
"jurisdiction".  Any suggestion?

Best wishes.
Mario
--