lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] External dowloaders

From: Luke, Shellworld Support
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] External dowloaders
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 08:12:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2022, Travis Siegel wrote:

> I'm no expert on this, but I am fairly certain the downloaders don't actually
> have to be downloaders.

They don't. I believe it says that directly in the documentation.

The O.P. didn't really provide enough information about how aria2c was
going to be used, but the normal use of that program is by passing it
URLs.
Whereas lynx wants to pass it a temp file containing the actual downloaded
content.

If it's a magnet file or some such, maybe there is a way to make aria2c
process that on STDIN, and I've missed the mark, but it didn't seem
obvious.

We really need more information.

Luke