lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] External dowloaders

From: Luke, Shellworld Support
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] External dowloaders
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 02:42:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2022, Tathastu Pandya via Lynx-dev wrote:

> use aria2c as downloader for lynx Cananyone help??

Do you mean that when lynx finds a torrent or similar link, it will invoke
aria2c on it, instead of using its own download mechanism?
If so, I don't think it can be done.

The talk of "downloaders" in lynx.cfg, says this:

# <command>    is the command your system will execute:
#              the 1st %s in the command will be replaced
#              by the temporary filename used by Lynx;

That suggests that lynx *always* downloads the file by its own means,
before using your downloader.

Downloaders seem mainly intended for people with dialup terminal
connections, to use sz or similar on the file to get it off the server and
on to their local machine more conveniently.
Probably not applicable to most modern use cases.

I think you're looking for something that will output the currently
selected URL to an external downloading command such as aria2c, and I
don't think Lynx can do that.

If you mean something else, please use more words to describe it.

Luke