lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] key binding to insert blank line in textarea?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] key binding to insert blank line in textarea?
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 08:51:17 -0500

On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 08:43:04PM +1100, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm using lynx to interact with the Savannah bug tracker and cannot
> figure out how to interleave a reply with a quoted comment.  To do so
> I need to be able to insert a blank line between two existing lines in a
> textarea control.
>
> There doesn't seem to be much in the way of key binding help while one
> is inside a textarea, and this operation would have no applicability
> outside of a textarea control.

see

https://lynx.invisible-island.net/lynx_help/keystrokes/edit_help.html#editing_keymap

Textarea external edit  - Ctrl-X e

Using ^X-e, you can insert a blank line in your external editor (presumably
set up in the options menu...) and on return, lynx asks if you want to
wrap the lines.

Don't wrap (it'll remove some blank lines).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net