lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] sudden site access failure: realclearpolitics.com

From: Rudy Vener
Subject: [Lynx-dev] sudden site access failure: realclearpolitics.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 13:18:59 -0500

Hi all,

Yesterday realclearpolitics.com started returning the following page
when I tried to access it with lynx.

   Please enable JS and disable any ad blocker

I invoke lynx as follows:
/usr/local/bin/lynx-2.9.0-dev9 -useragent="Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS
X 10_8_0) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.79
Safari/537.1 lynx" $*

The above user agent spoof normally lets me slip the Cloud Flare gatekeepers,
but this seems to be something new.

For what it's worth, the same problem now occurs with w3m, however,
links (the chain)  can access the site just fine.
If there is a simple configuration fix for this, I'd really like to know.

Thank you.

--
Rudy Vener
Website: http://www.rudyvener.com