lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Ssl certificate error

From: Travis Siegel
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Ssl certificate error
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 13:17:09 -0400

I'll not tell you how to run your own systems, but for me, I found both macports and the other system (can't remember it's name at the moment) completely useless.

It's just as easy to compile your own source code, and have a native version of said program, rather than waste disk space with all kinds of extra libraries that are not the least bit necessary.  The one I can't remember at the moment, in fact hosed my entire system once, which is why I refuse to ever use macports or the other one ever again.

I'll update my own source code and compile them myself thanks.

Not to mention, the layers said libraries add might introduce errors that native versions wouldn't encounter.

Just an observation from soneone who was burned by using said third party systems.