lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] (a) list mail format error; (b) broken owner- address

From: Mouse
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] (a) list mail format error; (b) broken owner- address
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 08:19:33 -0400 (EDT)

>> I tried to send mail to lynx-dev's owner- address, raising a
>> consistent malformatting issue in list mail (see below), and got a
>> bounce indicating even more issues.  So I'm wondering if I could get
>> whoever runs the list to (a) deal with the issue I tried to raise

> at that level, you'd have to open a ticker on
> https://savannah.gnu.org/

_I_ would??  It's not my list; I've got no standing.  I was trying to
do the listowner the courtesy of pointing out the issue rather than
just letting mail start bouncing once that check is moved out of
testing.

Also, personally, I don't use webpage ticket systems (not unless I'm
being paid to, ie, at work); if it were my list I'd fix the software
myself or switch to something more civilized before I'd jump through
Web hoops to report a bug.  But that's a personal idiosyncracy.  Since
it's not my list, that's not my decision; our listowner can file a
ticket (by whatever means), fix the software, ignore the issue and let
list mail start bouncing, whatever.

Naturally, I'd prefer it get fixed, because I think the world is better
with fewer bugs.  But it's not my call to make.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse@rodents-montreal.org