lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Installing Lynx on Macbook Air

From: Paul Gilmartin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Installing Lynx on Macbook Air
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 16:42:04 -0600

On 2021-05-20, at 15:43:32, Peter Morales wrote:

> My name is Peter G. Morales. The reason for the email is because I am
> having some difficulty installing Lynx on my Macbook Air. Would you be able
> to help me install it, or could you point me in the direction of where I
> could learn how to install it?

You might cut that Gordian knot with:
    https://brew.sh/
    Homebrew
    The Missing Package Manager for macOS (or Linux)
    /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
    brew install lynx

Remember:  https://anybrowser.org/campaign/
I remember: https://habilis.net/lynxlet/Lynxlet_0.8.1.dmg
... but last updated 2007.

> I want to install Lynx on my Macbook Air because I am starting to get
> involved with web development and I found out about your browser via MDN
> Web Docs (here
> <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Getting_started_with_the_web/Installing_basic_software>).
> MDN Web Docs says your browser is a text-based terminal web browser, great
> for seeing how a site looks to the visually-impaired. I know this is an
> important area for web development, which is why I would like to use your
> web browser to test code in.

-- gil