lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] copy URL to clipboard shortcut

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] copy URL to clipboard shortcut
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:39:28 -0400

I'm sorry, I accidentally sent this to the original poster instead of
the list.  My apologies.  I'm resending it to the list, in case others
may find the information useful.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 09:00:23PM +0530, address@hidden wrote:
> but since i'm often copy/paste URL for documention reason i need them in
> the citation kontext and therefore bookmark page would be soon overcrowed.
> and using '=', select URL, copy, concat takes about the same time.

What are you using to copy and paste?  If you're using gnu screen, you can
do the concatenation at the same time as the copy.  Just move the cursor
to the beginning of the URL and press "c" (without the quotes) to set the
first column, press "y" to "yank" the whole line, cursor down to hilight
all lines of the URL, then press "J" (shifted "j") to "join lines", then
either space or enter to finish the copy, and the lines will be copied as
one line.

Make sure you only press the "J" once, as it cycles between joining,
joining with blanks, joining with commas, and not joining.  Also, if for
some reason, spaces are hilighted at the end of a line, you may need to
press "C" (shifted "c") at the end of the line to set the last column,
but that doesn't usually happen.

If you're using tmux, you can do something similar, but you have to
concatenate the lines when you paste instead of when you copy.  For
example, you can use the "|" key to paste the paste buffer with all
lines concatenated with the following:

bind-key | paste-buffer -s ""

You'll need to do a "rectangle toggle" when you copy the URL to get
the same effect as the "c" and "C" keys in gnu screen.  The default
keys for this are "v" in vi mode, and "R" in emacs mode.

HTH.

Chuck