lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] copy URL to clipboard shortcut

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] copy URL to clipboard shortcut
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 20:43:11 +0100

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 07:26:18PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Where did you find that? TO_CLIPBOARD isn't documented anywhere
> and we had a ton of people asking for this on IRC.

I grepped for 'clipboard' in all the docs (in /usr/share/doc/lynx)
and found it in the INSTALLATION file.

It is - ahem - under-documented, certainly.

> >executing Lynx.  If you are using an X11 system and have 'xclip'

> I guess xsel would also work, which is perhaps more common/known.

Meh - I hadn't heard of that, and it's not installed by default on
Fedora.  When I asked dnf what it was, it said:

XSel is a command line or script utility, similar to xclip, that can copy [etc]

> Whose bright idea was to use ^S for it anyway?

Yes, that's an issue.

stty stop undef

imc