lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Viewing local directories

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Viewing local directories
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 19:14:49 -0700

Klaus-Peter Wegge <address@hidden> wrote:

> UNIX only: Please use
> LIST_FORMAT in lynx.cfg to configure the desired presentation format.
> Useful for adjustment the length to the length of a braille display.
> Examples are availabel in lynx.cfg

Oh yeah, that does exist!

As far as I can tell from the source, this feature is available on all
targets except VMS.  In fact there's an #ifdef DOSPATH that forces it
on, not even allowing it to be disabled on DOS builds.  Commentary
suggests the default format is different on DOS, but capability should
be there.

Maybe dan d. previously ran Lynx on DOS or Windows and is used to its
simpler default formatting.

[ Thomas -- ancient (between 2.8.6dev.6 and dev.14) editing error in
  file 'INSTALLATION':

  --disable-largefile                   (prevent defining LONG_LIST)
  --disable-long-list                   (prevent defining LONG_LIST)

'largefile' was copied from 'long-list' and then not re-described.  Seen
in 2.8.9-rel1 (source I had handy) -- ignore if fixed since then... ]