lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Windows Lynx style sheet destroyed after using external

From: Lawrence Armstrong
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Windows Lynx style sheet destroyed after using external
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:17:43 -0400

Hello.  I just joined this mailing list.  I love the Lynx program.  I have it set up to stream internet radio with Real Player and I can view and save images with Windows Paint application.  I've noticed a problem with the Windows 2.8.5 latest precompiled binary (the one available at csant.info).  When using an external program as a printer or typing "!" to execute an external shell, when returning to lynx the style sheet is gone.  It is black background with all white text and no highlighting, so there's no way to tell where you are.  My solution is to quit and restart Lynx.  Also, I have Wget set up as an external program.  When I type "," I can use Wget with the page_requisites=on to save the entire current page (including all images) to read offline later in Internet Explorer and I can see the complete page just as it supposed to appear.  It is essentially the same as "Save page as" in IE.  After I save with Wget, once again the style sheet is erased.  I am using XP service pack 2.  Anyone else noticed this?