lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Print to disk, WITH Address?

From: hsv
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Print to disk, WITH Address?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:06:55 -0500

When I do this, the URL information is not saved. I have no idea
where I got the document. I'm doing research for a legal case,
Knowing where I got the information is very important, so that
I can share it, put it in a file etc.

Is there a way to set up Lynx to incorporate the Address information
into documents printed to disk? (And then printed out, too.)
<<<<<<<<
The information is found in shell-variables pass'd on to a program that
runs under "PRINTER".  For MS-DOS I wrote a program that first outputs
the URL and the modification-timestamp (if present!) and after that copies
the former named file to latter named file.  Under Unix one can write a
shell-script to the same effect:

echo URL: "$LYNX_PRINT_URL"
echo ${LYNX_PRINT_LASTMOD+Date:} "$LYNX_PRINT_LASTMOD
"
cp "$1" "$2"

and put its name after "PRINTER" in "lynx.cfg", which partly explains the
process.  The variables outputted by Lynx are shown in some Lynx help-page
(I forget which).

This, of course, is printing to file, not printer, but maybe you can write
a shell-script that coppies all to the printer--but maybe it is better to
print to file, and print that.