lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.5dev.13

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.5dev.13
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:56:09 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> Doug Kaufman <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > is the "#, fuzzy" directive in the header of the earlier file. When
> > this is present, the DOS port of lynx is unable to make the conversion
> > of character set. When it is absent, the conversion works well.
>
> This is correct behavior.  The translator is considered to remove the
> so called fuzzy mark ("#, fuzzy"), since he is the one who decides
> about these header values.
>
> Older gettext tools (0.10.xx?) wrongly ignored this marker.  Please, do
> all your tests with gettext/msgfmt 0.11.2 or better.

I am using 0.10.40, the latest version officially ported to DJGPP. I
will try to look at later versions and see if I can get them to compile
under DJGPP.

I am still not sure I understand why the "#, fuzzy" mark should prevent
switching of charsets. I thought it meant that the translation still
needed some work.
                                Doug
--
Doug Kaufman