lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx incompatibility with RFC 2068 HTTP 1.1 specs

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx incompatibility with RFC 2068 HTTP 1.1 specs
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 08:51:04 -0500

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 02:26:45PM +0100, Lieven Tomme wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Obviously, my previous post vanished somehow...

I believe I read it and responded to it.

> I believe to have discovered a lynx problem.
> Involved URL : http://sms.proximus.be/WMS/ProxiText?laf=oldstyle
> <http://sms.proximus.be/WMS/ProxiText?laf=oldstyle&lan=nl> &lan=nl (a
> web page to transmit SMS towards a mobile phone network)
> Involved Lynx version: 2.8.5 dev 2 (15 aug 2001), running on Mandrake
> 8.1

this was addressed in 2.8.5 dev 4:

2001-11-08 (2.8.5dev.4)

* modify LYLegitimizeHREF() change from 2.8.4dev.21 to eliminate newlines from
  the HREF rather than converting them to spaces.  This fixes a problem with
  www.ebay.com which splits up HREFs with newlines.  Changing the newlines to
  spaces made the HREF no longer match, e.g., when it was built up from
  a CGI script (report by Morten Bo Johansen) -TD

The current version of lynx is 2.8.4

It's available at
        http://lynx.browser.org
ftp://lynx.isc.org/lynx-2.8.4