lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev MacLynx (was: lynx 2.8.3 screwy screens on smartcom)

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: lynx-dev MacLynx (was: lynx 2.8.3 screwy screens on smartcom)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 22:54:24 -0800

In "Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.3 screwy screens on smartcom"
[02/Nov/2000 Thu 01:53:13]
Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 02:38:45AM -0600, Fiber McGee wrote:
> > The message below from Dan Handelman
> > <address@hidden> was forwarded
> > by the list moderator.
> >
> > >Hi
> > >I'm using various macintoshes (systems 7 and 8) with Smartcom and ZTerm as
> > >my terminal programs; in previous versions of Lynx i had no problem with
>
> what were the previous versions (and current) of lynx?

OK, he's probably talking about weird interactions between his
terminal emulator [on Mac] and the server's Lynx [presumably on
Linux/UNIX], but;

> (we've not done anything with Mac's - there is an abandoned port of 2.7.x that
> I'm aware of).

Not totally abandoned, but I am pretty limited in what I can do
with it. . .

        http://www.island.net/~pboylan/main/00_Lynx.html

In fact, the site itself is still a bit rough.  Please try to
be forgiving about any 404's you might run into.  No downloads
yet, unfortunately [or maybe *fortunately*. . .], because there's
a couple details I still have to work out with the GNU GPL.  If
anyone can give some feedback on that, I'd appreciate it.

More on that here:

        http://www.island.net/~pboylan/main/lynx/ResEdit.scrap/00_scrap.html

> > >using the web.
> > >Now, I am experiencing the screen display skipping lines, mostly on the
> > >top half of the screen, so that it forces me to do a screen redraw, and
> > >even at that the whole text for each screen doesn't necessarily stay up.
> > >
> > >In other words, on the first screen, the text runs off the bottom and
> > >pushes the top lines off the top (this happens reegardless of how big I
> > >make my window); then the next screen will "interlace" with whatever was
> > >on screen before.
> > >Is there a setting to fix this, should I ask my server to go back to the
> > >previous version, or do you have other ideas?
> > >Dan Handelman
> > >Portland, OR

> --
> Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
> http://dickey.his.com
> ftp://dickey.his.com

Cheers.

                             Patrick
                   <mailto:address@hidden>
                <http://www.island.net/~pboylan/>

        "It's not a `program' anymore.  It's wildlife."
                                -- Invizigothe