lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx .IDE file for Borland C ++

From: Mike Bledig
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx .IDE file for Borland C ++
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:35:15 +0200

Hi there to all.

The thing is, I'm compiling the lynx as per the instructions found in
the Installation document.  There seems to be some differences
between the document and to what one must do to get the thing to
compile.

I have copied some of what the document says.  Note: some text
has been omitted so as to shorten the document.  I have
highlighted where I find the discrepancies.

IV. Compile instructions -- Win32

(Windows95/98/NT)

Before compiling the Lynx sources, you need a curses library, and
it is recommended that you have the zlib library.  Get
pdcurses2.3...  You will want to get zlib...  Compile these libraries,
and put them in a convenient place (pdcurses inside the Lynx
directory).

*Wrong!* Had to make the directory above the lynx directory.

Unpack the latest Lynx source distribution, and make an obj
directory under the source root to contain the compile output.
*Wrong!* Had to make the directory above the Lynx directory.

Copy in your IDE file.

First build the .h files in src\chrtrans using "makew32.bat".  Double
check for new .tbl files; hand edit in any new ones, and then do
"makew32". Jump into Borland C++, load the project (IDE file) and
compile Lynx. Alternately, after compiling the chartrans tables, you
can come back to the top directory and compile manually, i.e., do
"make -f makefile.bcb".

The thing is, I think that there's something wrong with my .libs.
Because when I compiled the source for the pdcurses.lib, I got a
lot of warnings.  Could that be the problem?

Now I've just got to figure it out.  The source is compiling ok, but
there's a problem with linking.

Original message follows: