lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx for Win32 (borland)

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx for Win32 (borland)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:38:42 -0400

At 01:09 AM 9/21/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I've uploaded the lynx.exe I built the other day (283dev9) and
>added most of the README file ScytheX and other built.  It's
>in http://www.jim.spath.com/lynx_win32/

I've been kicking the tires on that version for a couple of days now.  Two
unresolved problems that I see:

When you start Lynx.exe, on a system with a token-ring connection or one
with a dial-up networking (modem) connection, then enter a partial URL such
as lynx.browser.org or fdisk at a Goto prompt, Lynx will return "badly
formed address" and not try the network.  If you type a full URL, or get
one from your bookmark file, so Lynx has seen the network working or
activates it, URL completion will work fine through the remainder of the
session.  I know, I oughta run Trace and see what happens.

The 'k' command for showing you the Lynx keymap currently in effect can
never show you that ctrl-W will paste the contents of the Windows clipboard
into a text entry field, a goto line, etc.  It's not active at the times
when you can hit 'k'.  Ctrl-S, which puts the currently selected URL on the
clipboard, is shown because it is available at those times.  Hiroyuki had
to explain this to me a couple of months ago on this list, or I never would
have figured out which key does the "copy from clipboard" function.

We need to get the clipboard keystroke information into either the Lynx/32
readme.txt or one of the help files.

If you need me to, I'll write something.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <address@hidden>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <address@hidden>   <http://lras.home.sprynet.com