lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev funky funky funky

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev funky funky funky
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:09:52 -0600

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999, brian j pardy (address@hidden) said:

| The only things I'm sorry for are anything I've done that can be
| considered bloat, which I kind of feel the domain-level tweaking of
| COOKIE_LOOSE_INVALID_DOMAINS and such could be.  It's also something
| that I didn't really do right -- I was too lazy to put in proper
| wildcard matching, etc.  I'm not sure if it's worth fixing since it
| isn't really broke, and I haven't seen anybody complain.  But I don't
| even use it.  Hopefully someone does and it's not solely bloat.

You *would* use it if you used lynx (ssl'ified) to access hotmail.com
with any sort of regularity, since it requires something like 10 affirm-
ative accept responses without it ... :-) ...!

As to wildcarding enhancements, etc ... I've not found a need for any
such, as yet (and now, I believe there is a #define somewhere to always
allow *all* invalid cookies, but I've not needed to resort to that
either).

In short, while you may have not "really done it right", you did it
"good enough", IMHO.

And since it provides a basic functionality enhancement, it isn't in
the "bloat" category ... unlike some more recent additions, IMNSHO.

Thanks ...

/kim