lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx-2.8.1 is great

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx-2.8.1 is great
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:51:36 -0500 (EST)

> > (It's another issue - like the enable-underlines option - whether Lynx
> > should combine BOLD with colors).
>
> Shouldn't hyperlink boldness be configurable through the
> "COLOR:1:xxxx:xxxx" directive? If I choose "brightblue" I get bold, if
> I choose "blue" I get normal.

not exactly - Lynx's implemented to supply video attributes
bold/underline/reverse (8 combinations), which are mapped in parallel to
8 colors.  It would make more sense to revisit this and separate the video
attributes from colors.

why should "brightblue" be the same as bold + blue?  it's true only if you
make some nonportable (and constrictive) assumptions about the choice of
terminal emulator.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden