lynx-dev

lynx-dev No Dots.

From: John
Subject: lynx-dev No Dots.
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:14:26 -0400 (EDT)

Excuse me, but some unix (c) see dots (.) as an address
seporator.

Yer not the only one:  It would probably be better to name
yourself as Jason F whatever.  Jxxx E (dot) Davis and TED
aka (T.E.D.) and C.J. whatever may also wish to think about
this.

It's only a thought!

John

Uhhh ... One more thought ...

> J wrote ... But we seem to be stuck with the idea that,
> say, PostScript files have to be named "dog.ps" and not "A
> picture of my dog Spot"  just because people in the DOS
> world say so.  Bleah.  File names have nothing to do with
> file types, so there :)  \end{rant}

Have you considerd the possibility of using pure html with
the <alt> tag ???

Only a thought ... BYE